Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Welcome to the Family Eli Daniel Kennedy! :)

Before I introduce a new little man in my life, the Houstons did decorate for Christmas last weekend!!  With Thanksgiving a little later this year, I was ready to start celebrating the upcoming holidays! I love having the tree on each morning as we get ready and in the evenings while we eat dinner.  Both boys helped decorate this year.  They had a blast and wore me out!  It was a team effort to bring Christmas to the Houston Household!  Daddy even went ahead and put lights on the tree in our front yard!

 Zack and I had a day date on Saturday afternoon thanks to Grammy! We went to the shooting range and then ate a quick dinner at Wendys!  I'm a cheap date! ;)
 On Sunday evening, I got a call from Uncle Boomer that Aunt Lindsey might be in labor.  We were at church at the time so we decided to come get Emerson before bedtime so she could have a sleepover with her cousins.  She quickly joined the boys for some cuddle time before bed!  I was on the phone with Aunt Lindsey until about 9:45 p.m., just talking through contractions which were about seven minutes apart at the time.  We got off the phone (me thinking it would be several hours before they headed to the hospital).  Little did we know that my new nephew would arrive at 12:30 a.m..... about 2.5 hours after I talked to her!  It was a quick delivery and I was able to FaceTime with my new nephew around 2:00 a.m.!  I definitely didn't sleep at all that night due to all the excitement!

Emerson stayed with us for two nights, and I quickly realized that mornings solo with three kiddos are no joke! We had fun but it was pretty busy! I sent this picture below to Linds on Sunday evening to show we were ready to bring on the work week!
The first picture I received of Eli Daniel Kennedy.... taken about 45 minutes after he arrived!  Doesn't my sister look amazing!?
 The ride to school with all three munchkins!
I left around lunchtime on Monday to pick up Emerson so the two of us could pick out an outfit for Eli to wear coming home from the hospital.  I was able to pick the outfit Linds came home in 33 years ago so it only seemed fitting that I help the next generation of a "big sister" pick out her sibling's coming home outfit!  She picked the outfit in her right hand for him to wear home!
 Then, we met up with Grammy and Grandpa and headed to meet Eli. 








It is safe to say that I have a new little love in my life!! Zander and Maddox have another boy to rough house around with ...... there will never be a dull moment with these cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment