Monday, March 21, 2022

Bye Bye Basketball!

 We just had our last weekend of basketball games for the season.  We had Grandpa, Grammy and Grannie in attendance to cheer on our little ballers as they closed out the season.  Baseball has already started four nights a week so I think we are thankful that we won't have overlapping sports as we head into spring!  The boys loved trying a new sport!  Maddox was celebrated for his hustle on the court, his ability to dribble and pass the ball to his teammates along with making some great shots this season..... thanks Uncle Boom for being his coach!  Zander took home the trophy for "most improved" this season and it was incredible to watch his skills develop on the court with his dribbling, staying within the boundary of the court and his teammates trusting him to a greater degree to make the plays!  


This week was also a big one for Maddox!  His artwork was recognized in the Spring Arts Extravaganza!   We were able to attend a reception on Friday afternoon as he proudly showed his family members his artwork. His work is entitled "Name in My Face".  Can you see where he incorporated each letter of Maddox?  We are so proud of our little artist!

When not at a sporting event this past week, I got to catch up with two of my very best friends.  Aunt Kelly came over last week to ask me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding!  Of course, I said yes!  She also has a plan to include the two boys in her wedding as they are built in nephews to her!  We are so excited about the upcoming wedding plans!

I also got to celebrate Lindsey's 40th birthday with a weekend full of festivities with a girls' dinner Friday night and a co-ed party on Saturday evening!  She hasn't changed a bit in the three decades I've known her and is one of my oldest and dearest friends.  Lindsey is one of the first friends I made when moving to North Carolina in fourth grade.  I am so thankful that we are still so close after all these years!
No blog post is complete without a picture of our lazy pup!  He loves his new dog bed and I love to watch him rest while I'm getting ready for work!  It has been dark in the mornings, making it harder to get moving! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment