Saturday, March 5, 2022

Dress Up Days!

Being in an elementary school, we love a good dress up day!  We've had quite a few lately!  First, on 2-22-22 (which happened to also be on a "twosday") we dressed in tutus, ties and tennis shoes!  

Then, we had Read Across America week!  Monday, it was crazy hair and crazy sock day since we are "crazy about reading"!  It also marked the first day in approximately two years where we went to school without masks.  It was Maddox's first day of elementary school ever without a mask so even with "crazy" hair, it was great to see that toothless grin!


We also had animal print day (harder to make work when you have boys), book character day and historical figure day.  I was able to document book character day.  Maddox was Tyler from "Toby's Story" and Zander was Mark from "Way of the Warrior Kid".  I was the big bad wolf with my three little pigs! ;)  The boys dressed as famous soccer players (Cobi Jones and Tim Howard) for historical figure day.  As you can see, we like creating costumes out of what we already have in our closets! haha
We had another week full of basketball.  The weather has been gorgeous, so the boys have gone outside while I've been prepping dinner to get in a little practice.  I loved watching them from the front window!  We have three more weekends of games (including this morning).  I snapped pictures from last week of Maddox's halftime devotional (which is the sweetest thing) and Zander icing his knee after coming down on it during his game.  Fortunately, these boys seem to bounce back quickly from injuries!  This upcoming week, the boys have tryouts for baseball as the new sport's season is approaching!


On Friday, I had a teacher workday and since I spend the whole day on the computer in trainings, etc. we were allowed to work from home.  Lately on workdays, I have had both boys with me while trying to knock out my workload.  Zack offered to take the day off and have a "boys' day" at Uncle Henry and Aunt Maude's property in the mountains.  So, they headed west while Burke and I enjoyed a quiet, productive day at home.  Zack focused on introducing the boys to gun safety and they even experimented with shooting targets using a new BB gun!  I think each boy (big and little) had fun!  They couldn't stop talking about it when they got home!  It was a pretty great end to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment