Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Fast Forward through February

I cannot believe we are halfway through February already!! I will admit that winter is my least favorite season and I am always ready to fast forward to spring but it seems to be flying by faster than normal.  Since we have had some enjoyable weather, in the 60 degree range, it has gotten me even more excited about the upcoming warmer weather.  Although I will admit one good snowstorm would be fun for the the boys to enjoy!  Until we figure out what mother nature has in store for the final weeks of winter, here is what we have been up to these last two weeks....

I took the student council on a field trip to our local municipal building.  Since Zander is one of his two class representatives for student council and our school's vice president this year, it was fun to get to go on a field trip with my oldest.  I had to snap a picture of him in the mayor's office!  I hope he will continue to seek out leadership roles as he gets older.

We've also been cheering on our favorite basketball player this winter.  Zander opted for Trail Life, a Christian based program for boys that want to learn more about respect and the great outdoors!  Maddox continues to be one of the highest scorers on his team each week and while he has an unconventional jump shot, I'm always impressed at how the ball finds the basket almost every time.  



Emmy and I matched one day last week at school with our Valentine/love attire.  I love taking her to school every day! :)
We celebrated the boys at our midyear awards program last week.  Both boys got certificates for being on the honor roll with their good grades and also certificates for having the most lessons passed on one of our online platforms.  Zander even got perfect attendance! Maddox missed this recognition due to two rounds of strep throat!
As I mentioned earlier, the weather has been wonderful to get outside some..... we even had family time at the nearby track two weekends ago where we played soccer and Burke joined in by howling at us when we were too far away from where we had him tethered. ;)
We celebrated the Super Bowl at Grammy and Grandpa's on Sunday night.  The Kansas City Chiefs won by 3 points over the Philadelphia Eagles.  Even though the Panthers weren't in the championship game, most of the family sported the local team's colors for the 57th Super Bowl party!
Maddox and Mollie continue to be BFFs and I love getting pictures like this from Mollie's mommy when she is helping watch them in the afternoons as I am helping with dismissal.  I love how we have such a great support system!

No comments:

Post a Comment