Sunday, February 5, 2023

Grandpa Bill's Funeral

 I rode to Florida with my parents to attend my grandpa's funeral this past Friday.  We made the nine hour drive there on Thursday and came back on Saturday so it was a quick trip to see family and spend time celebrating Grandpa Bill's life.  Grandma had asked me to read scripture and a poem at the funeral along with share a few words about Grandpa.  Since my grandparents on my dad's side didn't have a funeral, I think this is the first family funeral I have been to in a long time.  It was special to have time with my extended family (Grandma, Aunt Glenda, Kristin, Kaitlyn, Dale and Allie).  We had a delicious lunch provided by the church after the funeral and the girl cousins decided to take an adventure hike that afternoon.  It felt good to stretch our legs after a long travel day and sitting around Grandma's house.  We had a bonfire that night that my dad and Aunt Glenda put together.  It was so special to have this uninterrupted time with family. 




Meanwhile, back home, we had wacky tacky night at church this past Sunday at AWANA.  Maddox and I definitely embraced the theme and he came in 2nd place with his crazy attire and hair! ;)  

Grannie came to cheer on our favorite basketball player and coach while I was traveling back from Florida.  I know Maddox enjoyed having Grannie in the stands! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment