Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Today I was able to celebrate my first Mother's Day.  It is exciting to think I will be able to celebrate this day for the rest of my life!  We were able to dedicate Zander at our church, and we had all of our family come into town for the occasion.  Zander spent the day with his parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, and uncles.  This was an incredibly special time for me as I was able to enjoy being his mama! We made sure everyone was able to hold the newest addition to the family, and I am excited to say that Zander did great at church.  He didn't have a blowout in his diaper (saving the outfit for the WHOLE day!), and he stayed very calm or asleep through the entire church service.  Thank you to all the moms in my life (especially the mama that birthed me!)......you have shown me how to love someone else more than myself, and I look forward to passing this along to our son.  Here are some pictures from the big day......

Before the service...check out his big boy shoes!
 This is what sleep-deprived parents look like;)
 Zander's Dedication
 Great grandparents with their little guy
 Family Pics

 The Houstons

 All of Zander's Aunts and Uncles
 Four generations
 The Bakewells
 Alexander Leigh Houston

Zander was also able to meet his cousins and aunt this week from Florida.....what a special meeting expecially with Connor and Zander representing the next generation in our family.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Mother's Day was so special! WE LOVED our time with Zander! He is so special, and so handsome! I can't wait for the boys to be able to play!

    ReplyDelete