Thursday, July 11, 2013

Visitors

 
Zander has had some company lately.  We have enjoyed people coming to visit and spend time with our newest addition.  The picture above was just too cute not to post! And the one below it is a precious picture of Zander sleeping.  I love how his hands always end up near his face when he is taking a really good nap!  He has been sleeping almost 8 hours each night.  There are some nights that he goes about 5 or 6 hours, but we have had some 8 hour nights that make mommy very happy! ;) This means that nap time is much shorter than it used to be!  He sleeps for about 30 minutes when he is napping.  So you have to grab the camera fast to catch this moment!
The Shorrs came to visit Zander.... all the way from West Virginia.  It was a 5.5 hour drive one way, and they stayed about 24 hours.  They brought delicious pepperoni rolls, and Zack got a new fly fishing rod from Leigh.  The picture below is very special because Leigh is one of my dad's best friends.  My sister received her middle name from Leigh and Zander in turn received his middle name, too!
Ethel Marie is Leigh's wife.  I have always enjoyed talking with her about education.  She has so many great stories and experiences from teaching.  I think she is enjoying retirement though after all those years! :)
Some Group Pictures :)

One of my best friends, Jen, came to visit Zander with her four year old, Ben.  She always has the best suggestions for how to entertain little boys.  Ben enjoyed playing on our couch... no toys needed! ;)
Another picture of Zander in his "crabby pants" ;)  These were given to him by a close friend from work, Melissa.  I forgot to take a picture of Zander with them when they came to visit!
 One of my best friends, Jenn, came all the way from New York City to meet Zander.  It was so special spending time with her.  She is such a nurturer, and I have so much to learn from her expertise... she is an amazing aunt to three adorable kids.  Her maternal instinct was evident the moment I handed Zander to her!  We went to visit Jenn in NYC a couple years ago.  She told me we had to bring Zander with us on our next trip..... that should be interesting! ;)
 Today, I met one of my best friends, Kelly, for lunch.  Kelly came to the hospital to meet Zander but we haven't had an opportunity to hang out with both of our busy schedules.  They are looking cool in their shades (see below)!;)  I am feeling truly blessed by the people I have in my life that have loved me for so many years and are passing on that love to Zander. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment