Sunday, August 18, 2013

We made it!

We have made it through my first week of work.  I think Zander did great, and I am starting to get the morning routine down.  However, on Friday, I got puked on twice before heading out the door.  Fortunately, I was able to take one final shower and make it to my meeting without smelling like spit up.  I did realize once I got there that I forgot the freezer pack for the bottles I would be pumping for the day.  I was able to track down an ice machine and store the milk in a bag of ice while I was in the all day training.  That is what sometimes happens, right?! You can't have everything prepared perfectly all the time! I am giving myself permission to make mistakes and learning from these slip ups so I don't forget essential items in the future.  Luckily, I have had enough bottles for Zander each day.  He drinks about four 5 oz. bottles while I am at work, and I always leave a 5th bottle just in case he is extra hungry or I am not able to leave work as quickly as I would like.  Continue to pray for us as we work through this new schedule.  I absolutely love my weekends with my boys.  Zack has had to work this weekend, but Zander, Burke, and myself have kept pretty busy.  I was able to clean the house yesterday during Zander's naptimes.  We ran errands and were able to fit in some cuddle time.  We are still working on the whole rolling over thing.  He keeps rolling from his back to his stomach but his arm is still stuck underneath him.  I put him on his tummy to see if he would roll over that way.  He just kept picking up his head and looking around. ;)  We went to Zack's work picnic/baseball game in the rain last night.  It was fun seeing his co-workers and watching them all notice how much Zander looks like his daddy.... it truly is like Zack has a "mini me".  We had some unseasonably cooler temperatures this week so I went to purchase more socks for Zander so his feet won't get cold.  I realized I had a ton of newborn socks but none for the upcoming months.... he should be set for awhile!  This upcoming week is going to be busy..... so until I can post again.... here are a couple pictures. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment