Wednesday, August 28, 2013

1st Day of School

Every year, I have taken a first day of school picture.  It started when I was five years old and heading off to kindergarten for the very first day of my educational career. I have taken a picture every year including my first day of college, my first day of teaching, my first day of entering the classroom as Mrs. Houston (rather than Miss Bakewell), etc.  This year, I have added a cute four month old to the picture.  This is the first day of school I have begun as a mom.  We were told to wear our school shirts so I wasn't able to "sport" a new outfit I received for my birthday like I typically do for the first day of school.  This picture documents the beginning of the 2013-2014 school year. 
Zander had to get his four month shots on Monday afternoon so we had a fussy child that evening.  He is doing great!  He weighs 13 pounds and 12 oz (still the 15th percentile).  We were told we can start to introduce rice cereal and fruits and veggies in the upcoming weeks.  Stay tuned for pictures.... This photo is a "pre-shots" picture.  ;) 
I love the picture below from earlier today.  Zander is so happy in the mornings.  I just put him in his car seat for us to head to "school".  Just so I don't look like a bad mom.... I know he is not hooked in yet.  We were still in the living room when I took this picture. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment