Saturday, August 3, 2013

Busy Weeks.....

I feel like the last two weeks have been very busy since we got back from vacation.  Zander has done so many new and interesting things, and we have had family and friends visit.  I remember when I first got back from the beach trip, I was excited I still had 3 weeks left before going back to work.  Sadly, I am looking at starting the last week with my little boy.  I know it is going to work perfectly for Zander to go to "school" (a.k.a. daycare) while I am working, but it doesn't make it any easier that I have grown accustomed to spending my days with him.  He has been sleeping more at night so I am feeling like a more confident mama! During the beach trip, he had a couple nights where he slept for 10 hours..... that's right.... 10 HOURS!  He continued that pattern of sleeping from about 8:00 p.m. to about 6:00 a.m. until the last three nights.  He has been getting up once in the night to eat somewhere in the 2:00 to 5:00 a.m. range.  This is still not a bad arrangement but I know that next week I won't be able to go back to bed after these feedings and sleep a few more hours.  Instead, I will be getting up so I can head to work.  I realized I hadn't posted any pictures of our little man in a couple weeks so here is a recap of some of the major events that occurred. 
On his three-month birthday, we tested out the Bumbo chair.  He does not have 100% control of his head, but mommy was close by to help support him with this new toy.  
Zander went to the nursery for the first time at our church.  The ladies loved having him and said he could come back ANYTIME!  He just sat in their arms and never made a peep!
 Zander loves bath time.  I give him a bath every other night. 
 Burke supervises bath time from the top of the stairs!
 I had to go to work for a few hours on Monday.  Grannie and GranDan came to "babysit" while I went in for some meetings.  This picture cracks me up... check out the boys' faces!
 Another picture of Zander's Grandparents
 Zander loves putting his hands in his mouth.  I don't think he is teething yet but those hands sure do taste good!
 I switched out Zander's clothes in his drawers.  I kind of got a little sad when I put away the 0-3 months clothes and replaced them with the 3-6 month clothes.  However, I was equally excited to see what new attire he will have in the upcoming weeks! This is a 3-6 month outfit below.  Some of his 0-3 months clothes still fit and some of the 3-6 month clothes are a little big.  So we are combining both sizes right now.  Also, he is going to be finishing up size 1 diapers and moving into size 2 probably by the end of the week!
Great Grandpa and Grandma Bakewell came for a visit on Wednesday.  Here is a picture of Grandma.  I forgot to take a picture with the birthday boy!  We were able to celebrate Great Grandpa's 84th birthday! 
Grammy and Grandpa came to visit and watch Zander while Zack and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary.  They also helped me wax both of our cars!
 On August 1, 2013, Zander rolled over for the first time! This is how I found him in the morning.  He has been trying to roll over but keeps getting his arm stuck underneath him.  These pictures show that his arm definitely came out from under him. 
 Also, notice that he is constantly moving.  I put him to bed where he is parallel to the front and back of the crib.  He has made a 90 degree turn from where I placed him in the middle of the crib!
 We were able to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary by going to the Proximity. We ate dinner at the hotel's restaurant, the Print Works Bistro.  Then, we saw a movie ("2 Guns") at the movie theater.  The movie was so good!  The hotel was having a wedding reception there the same evening as our anniversary.  It was cool to think that 5 years ago we were doing the same thing at our own wedding reception.  Some before dinner pictures.....

Zack got a Morganton brew with dinner. 
Today, one of my best friends, Lindsey, came to visit.  She brought her precious son, Marshall, to meet Zander.  Marshall turns one in October so it was fun to see how the two of them interacted and all the things that Zander will be doing in the upcoming months.  Unfortunately, my house is not "baby proof" yet so Lindsey had to chase Marshall around..... he is crawling everywhere and lifting up like he is ready to walk!  Lindsey came to visit Zander in the hospital the day I was discharged.  It was so comforting to have her there with me as I was processing the whole concept of being a mom and having to leave Zander in the evenings at the NICU.  She is always so encouraging!  I definitely needed her there that day!  She has also given me maternity clothes to borrow and little boy clothes to borrow of Marshall's!  What would I do without her?!
I quick update to my blog post on the 3rd..... Kerith (one of Zack's best friends) came to see Zander on Sunday (the 4th).  I wanted to include the picture from his visit.  Zack will be a groomsman in Kerith's wedding in September!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment