Friday, October 30, 2015

Welcome to the Family..... Maddox Robert Houston!

Our newest family member is here!! Maddox arrived on October 26th.  He came about two weeks before his official due date (of November 8th) but I am so thankful he came when he was ready to meet us!  So here is how it all "went down".  I woke up about 2:30 a.m. on Monday morning feeling like my water broke.  It didn't seem to feel like what you see in the movies with a gush of water but I could tell something was different.....it was like I had sprung a leak!  I decided to go back to bed (and actually slept for a couple more hours) and started the day like any other..... got Zander to "school" and went into work.  I called the doctor's office when they opened to mention what had happened and they had me come in around 9:30 am to get checked.  They confirmed my water had official broken and we could head to the hospital (after stopping for a quick snack since I couldn't eat once I was admitted).  I was checked again at the hospital and then admitted.  I was only at 2 cm (which I had been for a couple weeks now) and had no contractions!  It was crazy to think that Baby Houston was coming!  They started me on pitocin to help begin the contractions.  And then we waited.... we walked.... I bounced on an exercise ball.... etc.  The doctor came in to officially break the rest of my water that was still in tact.  And then the gushing started!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! I felt like I had sprouted a waterfall.... it was crazy!! As Zack says, it was like I had three water balloons tucked up in there!  There were three major puddles over the course of the afternoon.  It took forever to get to 4 cm!  I thought the baby had decided he wasn't ready after all.  And then things went FAST!! As in.... 4-10 cm fast!  The contractions were very intense! No epidural etc. made me feel every last one of them!  And fortunately, after 10 minutes of pushing, we were able to meet our second son!!  I was able to hold him IMMEDIATELY!  He even tried to start nursing!  It was such a different experience than with Zander.  With Zander having to go to the NICU, I didn't get to hold him on his actual birthday and we spent a week going back and forth between home and the hospital.  Maddox was able to stay in our room, and we could introduce him to family and friends as they visited.  It is awesome also being home two days after having him so we can enjoy our new family dynamic!  Here are some pictures from our week!
Last meal as "Preg Meg"

Having fun before feeling the contractions!

Getting to hold Maddox right after delivery!
Meeting Grammy and Papa (Maddox's middle name is Papa and Grandpa Bakewell, Sr.'s middle names!)
Getting ready to head to our room!

Meeting Big Brother, Zander!

Three Generations.... Grannie, Daddy and Maddox
Houston Party of Four!


GranDan
He loves giving Maddox a kiss on his head!


Aunt Lindsey
And Uncle Boomer..... who also has the name "Robert"!
Baby Burrito

Zander picked out Maddox's outfit to come home in!


Going Home.... Baby on Board!
Meeting Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment