Monday, January 11, 2016

11 weeks!

Well..... I have made it 11 weeks as a mama of two! And it is hard work!! I can't imagine how much harder it will be when I go back to work soon..... it will be so sad to leave my little ones in the morning and I am already praying that I can leave work a littler earlier than I used to!  I feel like every day is already so busy.... I can't imagine adding at least an 8 hour work day to it!  As a mom of two I am proud that I can say the following things of the last 11 weeks (need to give myself a little pep talk/pat on the back today!) :
1.)  Zander and Maddox have had three (or more) meals a day (offered to them)..... I have tried to cook/prepare three dinners a week..... Zander continues to be a picky eater so sometimes he passes on the options.  And sometimes we have soup and sandwiches for dinner or leftovers because I am just "done".  ;)  Maddox definitely eats at least every three hours and has been getting up a few times a night to eat as well.  I get excited on the nights where I only have to feed him once.... I am hoping we have more nights like that and he even starts to sleep through the night.... prayers appreciated on this one! ;)
2.)  I have been able to cuddle both boys when they have needed their mama.  Zander (being a typical two year old) is having more bumps and bruises these days...... he fell and hit his head on the corner of his toddler bed Saturday night and has his first black eye!  I have kissed more boo boos and wiped away more tears than I can count.  Same goes with Maddox.... he sometimes has his fussy moments and I have tried to attend to his every need and want (sometimes you just want your mama to hold you even though she may want to take a shower!)
3.)  Zander and Maddox have had regular baths.  Since Maddox can't hold his head up quite yet..... this means two bath times at the moment but both boys have always been clean and presentable. (Pajamas count as presentable at times!)
4.)  Zander and Maddox wear clean clothes! I am doing laundry once a day because of spit ups, dropped drinks, messy eaters, etc.  They may have a couple wardrobe changes in a day but I try to make sure they are in fresh underwear (or diapers for Maddox).  Zander stopped wearing pull-ups at night on Christmas night so I am proud to say we have only had a couple accidents which required a change of sheets.....just part of my daily laundry routine. ;)  This morning Zander spilled his whole drink all over him and about five minutes later Maddox covered both of us with his spit up while nursing..... it was like a volcano erupting.... just part of my daily laundry routine! ;)
5.) Zander and Maddox know they are loved.... whether it is getting up in the night to feed a crying baby or going to Zander's room since he heard a siren and it scared him..... these boys know their mama (or daddy) will come when they cry or call out.  Zander knows I am always there to read him a bedtime story or tuck him in after saying our bedtime prayers and nighttime songs.  Maddox knows he will be fed, offered a dry diaper and cuddled when he needs it.  

So with all that said......I think we are doing okay for 11 weeks!  I know there are probably more things I could include but I just had to mention that being a mom of two is hard work and some days you might not feel like you have done anything to help your little family of four but as you can see above... I am doing BIG things (of course with the help of daddy)....and we are so lucky to have these two boys in our lives.  Here are some pictures from our week with our boys!






Went to a birthday party on Saturday where you had to dress  like a grandma or grandpa.... you might not be able to see my knee highs or slip hanging out from my skirt.... but we sure had fun!  Zack is rocking a pillow for a belly! ;)
Josh actually shaved his head for the party!
The baby section ;)
Birthday Girl.... Sarah!
Taught Zander how to play bingo... what a fun game for the "old folks" or young ones! ;)

Grannie and GranDan came for a visit!
On a personal note:  Please say a prayer for Maddox if you are reading this blog.  We have been concerned about his breathing since he was born.  Our pediatrician referred us to an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor to see what was going on.  The ENT doctor said that Maddox has a floppy airway (near his vocal cords) which makes it hard for him to breathe.  His chin is also set back a little which could further complicate his breathing.  This accounts for the labored breathing we have seen these past two months, sometimes struggling to catch his breath, the frequent eruptions of milk he just consumed and the sleepless nights.  He will probably outgrow this and we go back to the doctor in a couple weeks for him to be looked at again and monitor the situation.  We are praying he doesn't get sick this winter season as an inflamed airway could make breathing more difficult for him.  It is hard as a mama to see them put a scope down Maddox's throat and he has also had some lung X-rays.  We are so appreciative for how healthy he is in all other areas.  We just pray his breathing starts to improve on his own so we won't have to worry about this in the future.  He is such a blessing to us and his positive personality is contagious... he smiles most of the time when you talk to him (if he is not hungry or tired of course!)  I am thankful daily for this sweet family that God asked me to help take care of!

No comments:

Post a Comment