Friday, January 22, 2016

Snow Fun!

We have had another fun week trying to enjoy the time we have together before mommy heads back to work! First, I tried to document Maddox's first snow (which came on Sunday, January 17th) and was here and gone by the time we got home from church!  Can you see the slush that was left over in the first two pictures?  Then, we were able to visit with one of my very best friends, Lindsey!  She has recently moved to Texas so we don't get to see each other as often.  It was so special having her oldest, Ellie, hold my youngest!  I can't believe we have kids!! Seems like yesterday we were playing in her backyard or at my house.  On Thursday, we went to the public library with Zander's buddy, Luke, for some music and movement (something we normally only do in the summer time).  Also, Zander has shown a new fascination with my mom's piano..... it will be interesting to see if he wants to take lessons.  I unfortunately was not a fan of the piano after years of practice and lessons.  He would make my Grandpa Woody especially proud if he took on this skill. I know Grandpa would be smiling from heaven!  Finally, we were able to enjoy a couple snow days!  As I am typing this, we are continuing to get a snow/ice accumulation so we might get to enjoy a little bit more white stuff before the weekend is over!  All Zander wanted to do with the snow is make a snowman!  However, this was not the best snow for such an activity.  As you will be able to see in a picture or two below, we did the best we could with the limited accumulation and the powdery snow we were given before the sleet came falling from the sky.  It has been another amazing week with my boys!!






















Maddox found his thumb this past week.... he enjoys sucking on it when he is tired or hungry.... he doesn't do it all the time but seems to enjoy this new discovery a whole lot!  Zander even helps him find his thumb sometimes! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment