Saturday, October 14, 2017

13.1

Linds and I did it! We have had a goal of breaking the 2-hr time for a half marathon since 2009 and today for the first time TOGETHER we did just that!  It was close... as in 1:59:40 but this run had to have been my favorite finish so far!  First of all, Linds and I have loved running together for years.  It has been a time where we can catch up on the week and just have some sister time together.  We have tried to fit in a yearly half marathon (13.1 miles).... even if we are having babies, etc.  This race definitely felt like a team effort!  The last part of the race was uphill,  and I knew by looking at my watch it was going to be very close!  As we rounded one of the corners (with about .1 miles left), we saw my mom and Maddox on the sidelines...... Grammy and Maddox just started running with us!  Then, I could hear Uncle Boomer (in his coach voice) yelling at us to push it because it was going to be close!  I was inspired by him to start yelling too!  I knew Linds and I had worked too hard over the last EIGHT years to be seconds away from reaching a mutual goal we set!  Then, I see Zack and Zander... daddy had specifically coached Zander on how he could run with us at the end of the race... Zander joined right in for the final steps (and even thinks the medal I got belongs to him since he crossed the finish line).  And Grandpa was there to document it all on film!!!  We had the best cheering squad I have ever seen (and some of the cutest littlest members as well!)  I am just so proud of the whole family for coming together today to make this happen.  I am especially proud of my sister for knocking out a PR on this very hilly course while still having a cute little 11 month old that she is pumping for and providing nourishment for!  I am proud that she is my sister, and we are able to do these weekly runs together... thanks to Uncle Boomer and daddy for watching the kiddos so we could "train" for this half marathon!  And now.... I am going to take a break from long runs for a bit! ;) 













My assistant principal and her husband ran the half as well!  This was their first race! It was so great seeing them at the start and finish!
 A few pictures from the week of our cute boys.....Zander loves going to Cubbies at church and wearing his AWANA vest to show all the bible verses he is learning!  Maddox has gotten quite good at getting into everything!  No obstacle is too big to overcome... he just sometimes uses toys to help him accomplish his goal! ;) My boys love "reading" together before school in the mornings and before bed at night.... too cute! And I had to include Maddox's sweet smile!  He is on the move constantly so it is hard to capture how precious his toothy grin is.... I got a couple pictures during mealtime!




I also have the cutest niece!! I love getting to cuddle her after church! It is so much fun being able to worship with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment