Friday, November 3, 2017

Happy Halloween 2017!

We had the best Halloween this year.... this was the first year that Maddox could actually trick or treat and we had some friends over so the boys went trick or treating while the girls handed out candy at our house.  This was the first year we attempted a family themed costume..... we went as the Fantastic Four.  This was Zack's idea and we made it happen!  Zack was Mr. Fantastic.... I was Sue Storm... Zander was the Human Torch.... and Maddox was the Thing.  Zack is a huge Marvel comic fan so I am not surprised that he would suggest a theme like this for our MARVELous family.... get it?! ;)  I will say it was fun dressing up as a family but I don't know if this will be a yearly thing.  I always have more fun watching the kids in their costumes.... especially when they can pick out what they want to be.  So I guess stay tuned for next year! haha  The weather has been crazy around here.  The night of our church's fall festival it was freezing and windy.  Halloween night was pretty mild in the 60s and today I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt while I played in the backyard with the kids after school.  We had fun in all types of weather this week!







 We got to meet up and see Great Grandpa and Great Grandma from Florida before our fall festival and even got to see our sweet niece, Emmy, dressed up for Halloween!


We didn't stay at our fall festival long.... we shot some hoops, ate some food, went on a hayride and looked at a race car and fire truck.  (It was just so cold and windy!)




 Zander wanted to try on my wig! haha
 The boys before trick or treating on Halloween night.....
 Our pumpkin!
Maddox has been sick this week (probably with all the weather changes).  He had a 101 fever and a runny nose and terrible cough.  He was rather fussy for the majority of the week (its no fun being sick!) so I did enjoy an evening where both boys cuddled with me before bedtime!

Zander was a cowboy one day at school this week!  He had so much fun dressing as Woody for the cowboy-themed day!


I love that the boys can have fun together in the backyard.... even if it simply includes blowing bubbles and "smacking" them with a golf club that broke! haha
 Also.... I officially hate the bathroom!!!  Zander has such a hard time pooping (we are starting MiraLAX tomorrow) and Maddox is in the VERY beginning stages of learning what it means to go on the potty..... this is a cute picture but still this whole potty thing stresses me out!
 We were able to celebrate my grandma's 80th birthday last weekend.  It was so special being able to go out to eat and celebrate such a special person to all of us!




No comments:

Post a Comment