Sunday, April 22, 2018

Happy 5th Birthday Zander!!

My Sweet Zander,
    I can't believe you are a "whole hand" years old!  I have watched you add a finger every year for the past five years, and I can't believe you have lived enough years to give a high five with your age!  It is so hard for me to believe that five years ago you were just a tiny baby making your entrance into this world.  I already think FIVE is going to be the best year yet!  We had a blast this weekend celebrating your birthday!  Your birthday party just happened to fall on your actual birthday so we made sure to celebrate all day long.  First, daddy and Aunt A blew up balloons and I secretly put them all over your bedroom floor while you were sleeping.  You woke up and enthusiastically ran to our bedroom to declare that your room was COVERED in balloons! Then, daddy made a delicious breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs and pancakes!  We got ready to head to your birthday party and you have been looking forward to your birthday party for MONTHS!! You asked if you could have your party at Jump-n-Fun, a indoor place with inflatables everywhere!  You also asked if you could invite your class from school!  This was the first year that you had friends come that you have known since you were born and new friends that you met this year.  It was so nice that so many people wanted to celebrate with you!  We jumped and slid for an hour.... and I think the adults had just as much fun as the kids... I wish I could post all of the videos here!  We had couples' races and sibling races and friend races, etc.  Your Grammy and Grandpa (who just had knee replacement surgery) even went down the slides!  After we jumped for an hour (and wore ourselves out), we ate pizza, fruit, chips and cake.  You loved opening all of your presents too!  After the party was over, we came back to the house.  Grannie was able to give you your present (a tee to practice hitting baseballs at home) and you spent a long time playing with all of your gifts while your brother napped (which meant you didn't have to share your new things just yet).  For dinner, you request Chick-Fil-A  so we headed there with Aunt A, Uncle Jay and Henry!  Overall, the big FIVE was a success!  
      Zander, you will be starting kindergarten this year.  You will also start going to school with mommy every day and I CANNOT wait!  I am looking forward to our morning walks into school and knowing you are in the same building as me.  Zander, when I was a senior in high school, I knew I wanted to be a teacher.  And part of knowing that job decision was hoping that one day my own children would share my schedule.  I wanted to be able to work with kids of all ages and have my own close by.  This dream (which started 18 years ago) is going to be a reality!  I can't wait to see all you will learn next year!  You are already writing your name, counting to at least 100, knowing letter sounds, reading words and developing a love for learning just about anything!  Here is to a wonderful fifth year of life!  I pray that it is the best one yet!
Love you!
-Mommy




 Somehow we didn't get Logan, Luke or Henry in this picture! But they were also there!















 Zander is growing up! He has really changed in five years!
Also, we had Zander's grand prix race last weekend.... he came in 3rd, 1st and 3rd in the three heats they competed in!  We think he got fourth overall based on the times!  Zack and Zander were super excited to have their car cross the finish line....it was fun to hear his name called over the microphone for winning one of the heats.  We had the best cheerleaders too with Maddox, Grammy and Grandpa!

 We celebrated Aunt Lindsey's birthday this past week! We had yummy Japanese food! We can't wait for the next birthday! We love eating out! :)
 Luau Day at school with my office staff!
Zander's favorite position so far is "pitcher".....he loves the helmet he gets to wear while on the field.
 Zander has learned how to use his birthday money to shop for some of the things on his wish list.... this week he bought a light up fan (in his hand), a bubble machine and chocolate chip toast! :)
 Cuddling with my four year old for the last time... he turned five the next morning!
 Opening up presents from Aunt A and Uncle Jay before the party (a remote control monster truck!)  Also, he opened up his presents from Granny V, Paw Paw and Uncle Grant.  His favorite part of their present was a Rocket Fishing Rod.
 Taking some brother and cousin pictures! :)  Love these boys so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment