Sunday, April 15, 2018

Little League!

I love these boys...... Zander started little league (tee ball) a couple weeks ago and yesterday was his first game.... before I talk about that..... I will try to catch up on this past week!  Both boys got summer hair cuts.... Zander's was cut by daddy and Maddox still went to the local Great Clips... Maddox is so squirmy that we thought it be easier to leave it to the professionals..... he also loves the sucker he gets at the end after he has successfully gotten his hair cut!
Daddy has been helping Zander get a derby car ready for a "grand prix" car race this evening at our church.... we are just hoping it makes it to the end of the racetrack!  Daddy has worked many hours to ensure it was under the specified maximum weight limit and used only specific resources.....I will keep you posted!
We enjoyed eating a couple meals out with my family...... This first picture is pre-haircut... and the second one is post-haircuts..... we were able to celebrate Grammy's birthday together on her actual birthday.... that never happens!  Zander keeps counting down until his birthday and he knows that Aunt Lindsey and GranDan must have a birthday before his next weekend.......Zander is definitely being very patient as we count down to his big day!

I am the "team mom" for the little league team (I know I have mentioned this in an earlier post.....but I had no idea what I was getting myself into!)  Another mom gave me some baskets so the kids could put all their gear in it during the game..... I added name tags so they know which one is theirs!
 When did he get so big?!
I fit in a quick 8 mile run with Linds on Friday after work...... I knew it would be a busy weekend between going to the ball fields twice on Saturday and once on Sunday along with babysitting Emmy and fitting in the derby car race so our 8:58 overall pace just proved I was ready to get this busy, fast weekend started!
 Zander did a great job at his first baseball game.  He hit the ball on the first try each time he was up at bat and was able to run home each time as well thanks to his teammates!  One of his hits made the ball roll all the way to the fence..... I was so excited to cheer him on!  He also played first base (where he got someone out), pitcher (where he practiced throwing the ball to the appropriate player to get someone out) and outfield (he sometimes gets distracted out there and would rather play in the dirt/grass)!  Maddox did a great job watching his big brother play but I think he wishes he could join his brother on the field sooner rather than later!

Zander was handed the game ball at the end of the game and I brought snacks for the team and their siblings!  I think I am really going to love being a baseball mom! This first weekend which included the opening ceremony, a game, and team pictures has been tons of fun!
When we got home from the game, we were ready to receive Emmy for the evening.  Linds and Boom had prom at Boomer's school so we got to watch our niece for an overnight sleepover! Emmy did a great job and really tried to keep up with the boys the whole time!  I can't wait to continue these sleepovers as they get older!!

No comments:

Post a Comment