Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Celebrating Christmas!

 We loaded up the car and headed west this past Saturday to celebrate Christmas with Zack's side of the family.  Due to Covid concerns, we made it a day trip and spent most of our time outside or wearing masks to ensure we didn't share any germs around the holidays.  Celebrating Christmas felt a little different this year since we weren't able to have Zack's cousins, aunts and uncles join us but I think the boys enjoyed the extra spoiling they got from their grandparents, Aunt A, Uncle Jay and Uncle Grant!  It was such a blessing to see each of them, even if it was for a shorter time period than we are used to.

We took the time at Grannie's to take pictures after we had a scavenger hunt and opened presents outside near a warm fire pit.  It was pretty cold (in the 30s) so the fire pit was a nice addition to our festivities!



We came inside to eat lunch where me and my boys sat in a different room to ensure we weren't within 6 feet of each other for a prolonged period of time.  I will definitely be glad when this is all over!! When you look back at my blog, you will notice this started in the middle of March and we still don't have an "ending" date!  I did have to snag Henry for an Aunt M and Henry picture! His smile is just the sweetest!
The boys enjoyed opening all of their presents that their grandparents, aunt and uncles gave them!  We got Henry a soccer ball and goal set which he was pretty excited about!;)
Amanda, BC and I got matching jackets from Aunt Maude (who we got to Facetime with)!  We also had to document the teams for the scavenger hunt.... I was with Henry, Aunt A and Zander were paired up, Grannie and Maddox were a team and the dads (Zack and Jay) made up the last pairing!  We all had a lot of fun!
The boys equally enjoyed themselves with Granny V, PawPaw, Uncle Grant and Sib.  They got new nerf guns they had requested and were able to go outside and shoot things with them!  I don't know who had more fun.. the kids or the adults!  Uncle Grant's job has always been to put the boys' toys together each Christmas... I'm happy to report that this tradition continued! ;)

I just had to snag a picture of my big boys in front of the mountain where Zack and I got engaged.... Its hard to believe that was 13 years ago!  I love seeing it any time we visit the mountains/ country house!
On Sunday, we were able to join the Bakewells and Kennedys for the annual Candlelight service at our church.  It is such a special time to sing praises to our Lord that sent his son to be born so many Christmases ago!

A few other things.... I am officially on Christmas break which means that Zander and I have no intentions of getting out our computers for work for the next two weeks!  I am hopeful we can enjoy a lot of outside time and take day trips to a few places!  Yesterday, we went to the science center!
Prior to Christmas break, Grammy and I took the boys to our church's worship night.  Unfortunately, they didn't play any of the songs the boys would recognize from K-Love or the traditional Christmas songs they know and love.... so the evening was spent reminding them of their good behavior! Fortunately, the Candlelight service was much more successful for all of us! ;)
Santa and Mrs. Claus visited our school!! We loved seeing them!
Grammy had the three boys yesterday afternoon while I went with Grandpa to purchase a big boy bed for Maddox! Stay tuned for pictures when it all comes together!  We have to go back to pick up the box springs/foundation so this will definitely be a Christmas break project that might take longer than I anticipated to have come together!  Grammy does such a great job entertaining all the kiddos!  We are lucky to have Grammy and Grandpa so close by!

No comments:

Post a Comment