Sunday, December 13, 2020

Countdown to Christmas!

 We are enjoying all things Christmas this time of year!  Lately, one of my favorite things has been watching Christmas movies that were popular when I was younger.  We've watched all the Home Alone movies and all of the Santa Clause movies!  I think we are planning to watch Elf in the near future!  We have enjoyed some other holiday options while staying around town.  Last night we walked around our downtown, just taking in all the lights, decorations and holiday music that was playing!

We fit in our annual cookie making and tasting at Grammy's!  This will always be one of my favorite Christmas traditions!
We had a socially distanced birthday party for one of Zander's friends at school.  These are all of the 2nd graders of staff members that are still in remote learning at our school... we are definitely counting down until they can be back in class but occasionally we give them the option to socialize (from a distance) so they are seeing other children and not just computer screens every day!  They had pizza and decorated cookies!
Every week, Zander gets to see one of his friends that lives in my parents' neighborhood.  Since neither of them are getting out much, this gives them a chance to just be kids and play!  They love taking selfies!
We've enjoyed dress up days at school.... here is Maddox as a "shaggy" donkey for his school's nativity character day!  Zander is dressed in a Santa hat for "Holiday Headgear Day".

We remembered Great Grandpa Bobby on December 6th, which marked a year since he had passed.  I had a cheeseburger just for him that day!
I occasionally get to pick up Emerson from school!  These two middle cousins really love each other and have some fun together! haha
A couple weeks ago I got to eat dinner with our original office staff from last year.  Two of these ladies have retired, my former principal is now at a middle school and Angie, Carmen and myself are holding down the fort at our same school!   Dinners with these friends are so good for my heart!
We started a countdown to Christmas... the boys love watching the days go by as we get closer to Christmas Eve.  I've never done the "Elf on the Shelf" thing that is pretty popular right now so this has been a good way to countdown until the big man comes down the chimney... thanks Grammy for the idea!  We also have an advent calendar that we read from every day.  I love counting down to Jesus' birthday.... a day that brings joy to all people! 

Luke 2:10:  But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people."

Here are my officemates!  I have Zander four days a week at school and then I have Burke on Wednesdays when I work from home and have meetings online all day!  Thank you Grammy for entertaining Z so mommy can get some work done uninterrupted!  ;)


Zander is supposed to start back to school in person after Christmas Break.  I am still not all the way convinced this will happen..... so whether he returns to his classroom in January or not, I am trying to savor these extra moments I have with my oldest.  Days to eat lunch together and help him with his work.  Days for him to see all that mommy tries to fit in within a day while he is typically in class.  This has been a very interesting year and I pray we look back at 2020 and are thankful that we got to do "school" together from March through December!

No comments:

Post a Comment