Sunday, May 16, 2021

Leap into Kindergarten and PreK Graduation!

Maddox had a pretty busy week.... we had a "Leap Into Kindergarten" event at the elementary school where Zander and I learn and work every day and little brother is super excited that it is now officially his turn to come to elementary school!  We had 47 kindergartners stop by the event where we handed out school supplies, helped families register for kindergarten and the students were able to do fun stations along the way.  Maddox was a local celebrity since the staff has known him since he was in my belly!  Also, his best friend, Mollie, was able to join us and they loved going to each station together!  I think Maddox is ready for kindergarten and I am ready to have him join us every day for school... it looks like "Kindergarten Here I Come!"






We also had Maddox's drive thru graduation this week where he was able to get his "diploma" and celebrate finishing preschool with his classmates.  He still has about another month of school before he is officially off for summer and we are having an end of year celebration at a local park with his classmates and teacher, Mrs. Veigh, who is retiring.  This means you will have to wait for the "Last Day of PreK" pictures to join the blog! ;)  It does seem that time is flying by and I am still in shock that I will have two school age kids very soon!







In other news from our week.... Zander finished the fourth and final chapter book in the Way of the Warrior Kid series.  We have moved onto one of mommy's favorites, "The Mouse and the Motorcycle".  I love to read with my big boy.  Also, Maddox has been reading books of his own.... learning new words and spelling patterns every day!
My azaleas that I always say bloom just in time for Mother's Day have been looking good this May! I love coming home to our beautiful home with the new porch railings and spring flowers!

My office staff got me a sign for my reserved parking spot!  I love getting to park up front every day! It is such a nice treat when you have your hands full! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment